The Rescue Mission accepts many types of donations, including monetary donations, estate gifts, food, clothing and househould items. If you would like to support our service to the community by donating, explore the options on this page to find the right fit for you.
Click Here to go to our secure online form.
Mail Cash or Check Tax-deductible Donations to:
The Rescue Mission
PO Box 1912
Tacoma, WA 98401-1912
What items are accepted as donations?
What items are not accepted as donations?
When & Where to Donate
Drop off accepted items at the Donation Center, which is the building to your right when you enter the Downtown Tacoma Campus parking lot.
Downtown Tacoma Campus
425 S. Tacoma Way
Food Donations are accepted every day of the week from 8am - 5pm.
Deliver to Food Services at the back of the main building - drive through the gate between buildings and go to the left.
Donation Center Hours
Donation Office Hours
Monday-Friday 9am - 4pm
You can review possible ways to include The Rescue Mission in your estate planning, on our Estate Gifts page. If you would like to discuss this wonderful oppotunity to leave a legacy for our community, please contact Lindsey Hintz at Lindsey.email@example.com or 253-383-4493.
Donate a Car
Donate your working car, truck, RV, boat or other vehicle to The Rescue Mission, and turn your wheels into hot meals! Contact Bob Killmer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 253-383-4493 x 1104.
Items always needed as donations
- Diapers of Every Size
- Individual razors and shaving cream
- Travel size deodorants
- Travel size shampoo
- Travel size toothpaste
- Clean jackets and coats, warm hats and gloves
- Clean jeans and pants
- Clean t-shirts, polo shirts, and warm shirts
- New socks, clean underwear for men & women
- Serviceable shoes for men and women
- Alarm clocks, dishes, small household items
- Pillows, Blankets and Sheets in good condition
- Accessories like belts, ties, suits etc.
We are sorry, but we cannot accept these items
- Large furniture and beds, please donate to our partner organization NW Furniture Bank.
- Anything not working, broken or incomplete
- Out dated Baby strollers, car seats, and furniture
- Blinds for windows, curtains and shades
- Clothing that is stained, ripped or smelly
- Electric blankets and heat pads
- Holiday decor
- Used toys and large plastic toys
- Mattresses of any kind
- Office desks, chairs, and fixtures
- Paint of any kind
- Exercise equipment of any kind
“There is a light in this world, a healing spirit more powerful than any darkness we may encounter. We sometimes lose sight of this force when there is suffering, too much pain. Then suddenly, the spirit will emerge through the lives of ordinary people who hear a call and answer in extraordinary ways.”
– Mother Teresa
Volunteer With Us Today
Learn about volunteer opportunities and connect with our Volunteer & Intern Team, here!
Read Our Blog
Read the latest post on The Rescue Mission Blog by clicking here.